I trust you are keeping safe and well during this difficult time. Several people have contacted me (both stall holders and customers) to see if we can “resume normal service” re. the Toy and Train Fairs, which has highlighted to me the value of them as “social” events as well as their commercial aspect. I am not sure that “normal” will ever return as we knew it, however, I have managed to arrange some dates at Ashfield, and a list is enclosed.
I am pursuing possibilities at Alfreton, Nottingham and Burton, but nothing even “provisional” is confirmed yet at those venues.
You are aware that the situation is constantly changing, so please realise these dates are PROVISIONAL and although I will do all I can to keep them, please accept that the onus is on YOU to confirm (phone) before loading up / travelling etc.
Everyone attending may be required to conform to requirements beyond those we have been previously used to, especially in regard to:
- Social Distancing,
- Face Coverings,
- Direction of Movement, and
- Providing their name and a contact number to facilitate “track & trace”
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located conveniently around the hall.
- A queuing system will operate if the attendance reaches the hall capacity.
- Please have consideration, and be respectful of others who may be more vulnerable, or nervous, than you.
- Unfortunately, we may not be able to provide refreshments until further notice.
F.Y.I. The long awaited “new leisure centre”, first promised over 90 years ago, is beginning to happen (well, the first “sod” has been turned) and this will cause some inconvenience, especially in regard to parking, as the work progresses. Please be prepared to show an extra bit of patience (the people of Kirkby have certainly had to!)
You have been asking about Geoff, and after what continues to be a difficult time with health, he remains in “good spirit” and hopes to be at the Toy Fairs again as soon as we can resume.
With very Best wishes
Malcolm, Geoff and Arthur.
2022 DATES – ASHFIELD
- January 23rd
- April 24th